Friday, June 4, 2010

Hold Music

We visited France twice during our visit to Epcot in Disney World; for one reason only: The Boulangerie Patisserie. It was a delightfully sweet way to break up our adventures. Though small, the Patisserie was loaded with quiche, croissants, turnovers, cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, baguettes and more, and like the Bier Garten in Germany, staffed with adorable garçons et filles français with adorable accents français.


Boulangerie Patisserie
France Pavilion
Disney World, Florida
407.824.4321


I sampled a variety of treats including a chilled chocolate éclair (as shown below). One of our German Freunds at the Bier Garten recommended these tasty, satisfying, mouth watering delicacies. It was the perfect accessory to touring France on a hot, windless day.


We also enjoyed a French ham and cheese baguette, strawberry tart, apple turnover, lemon tart, and a cannoli type pastry with a flaky shell filled with the most exquisite crème de pâtisserie. It was hard to limit myself... it was hard to stop at six. I'll just consider it a warm up for the real deal.


When I graduated from Portland State University in 2007, I elected for my graduation gift (to myself, from myself) to be a trip to Paris. However, Gabriel was still in school and taking into account the impending demise of the economy we put the trip on hold,... unfortunately today the horrendous elevator music is still playing.

I can't wait to put an end to the wait... five months and counting!

One Year Ago: Don't Forget Me, Campfire Brownies

7 Sweet Talkers:

Kelli said...

I love EPCOT also! Unfortunately for me, I've been there probably 4 times and have never sampled any of the yummy pastries you sampled. Guess I'll have to go back! You sound like me; I wouldn't be able to just purchase one and walk away satisfied.

A Nerd Like Me said...

Oh my gosh! Have fun in Paris in 5 months!!! I'm so happy you guys are able to travel now!

Barbara said...

Oh yeah! Been there and pigged out!

And, unfortunately, we have a fabulous French bakery about 20 minutes away. BAD NEWS.

Barbara Bakes said...

Looks like where I would want to go eat at Disney too. I'll look forward to hearing all about the food in Paris!

Pamela said...

When we visited Epcot, we got some wonderful, delicious treats from Boulangerie Patisserie. It was fantastic!!

Frances said...

When you listen to great on hold music, you wouldn't mind waiting at the call queue at all.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin