Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Santa's Secret

I have it on good authority that Santa is getting a little tired of cookies and milk! After a few millennia of the same treat, wouldn't you? 

Mrs. Claus confided in me while I was visiting her during my break from the toy shoppe, that Santa is so desperate for a different treat, he has been trying for some time now to devise a way to deliver his secret wish to all the little munchkins of the world!



He's tried inserting it into conversation during picture time at all the mall, but the kids were so eager to spout off their wishlist, he found it impossible! Two years ago, he spelled out H.E.L.P. with candy canes as he laid out the presents in every single house, but no one noticed. He even went so far as to disguise himself in early December, and patronize nearly one million grocery stores in major metropolitan cities across the globe in an attempt to buy up all the chocolate chips!

He even considered, only for a split second, putting all the children who gave him cookies.... on the bad list!!! Gasp! I know! 

I have a solution!

Peppermint Candy Bars


Stay on Santa's good list this year by whipping up this refreshing treat, brought to you by Holly Jolly Sisters!



Crust:
½ package of crushed Nilla Wafers
3 tablespoons melted butter
Mix together until mixture will keep its shape when pressed together
Press onto bottom of 8" square pan
Chill in freezer


Chocolate Layer:
3 egg yolks
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup butter
Mix together until light and fluffy

1-2 oz. favorite chocolate, melted
½ cup walnuts (or your favorite)
Stir chocolate and nuts into sugar mixture

3 egg whites
Beat whites until firm, fold into mixture until thick and shiny
Spread over crust until even and smooth
Chill in freezer

Peppermint Layer:
1 cup heavy cream + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup mini marshmallows  
1 cup crushed peppermint
Whip cream until soft and fluffy, and stir in peppermint
*Reserve a few teaspoons of peppermint
Heat marshmallows just until they begin to expand, stir into cream
Spread over chocolate layer until even and smooth
Sprinkle remaining peppermint over top
Chill until ready to serve
This recipe yields just enough for Santa and his 9 reindeer. Leave him a note to check for his treat in the freezer: He'll be so delighted, you will be sure to get an extra present or two under the tree!



The Candy Cane is one of the most prominent symbols of the Holiday Season. It not only symbolizes the birth of Our Savior Jesus Christ, His purity and His sacrifice, but reminds us that He watches over us as our Elder Brother.

Head over to Pammy's blog to see her great tutorial for keeping the reminder of Christ, through the symbolic candy cane as an attractive ornament, all season long!



One year ago: My First, Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies

15 Sweet Talkers:

Camille said...

Yes, I think you're correct - Santa WOULD prefer this over milk and cookies! This looks delicious! (was this the one you were referring to on FB? I guess I need to keep up on my blogs!) :)

Pamela said...

I love this dessert!! So yummy and quite a different spin on desserts at Christmas. Your pictures are gorgeous.

Brittany (He Cooks She Cooks) said...

I'm sure Santa is all about Christmas tradition, but he'd gobble up a plate of these, no question!

Those look incredible!

Valerie said...

That sure looks like something Santa would loooove, but so do your pecan logs! I bet he wouldn't leave a crumb. :)

Gabriel Olson said...

I'm a gonna sneak over to the freezer an' eat 'em all up 'fore that fat man can get to 'em!

Miss Dot said...

WHOA this looks amazing!! I've never heard of a recipe like this one. Awesome!

Quiltingdaisy said...

I will be making this for our christmas eve celebration.
Thanks for helping, and i'll be sure to give the 'sisters' the credit you deserve.
It's beginning to look a lot like christmas....... laaaalalalalaaaa

Maria said...

Great holiday recipe!

Two Peas and Their Pod moved to WordPress, please update your readers, etc. Our address is: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com Come visit us and check out our new look! Thanks for following us!

Ghada said...

Hmmm...Yum! My teeth hurt just reading the ingredients. Santa would definitely prefer that I think :)
I found you over at SITS

Midday Escapades said...

Very nice. I have to agree these are better than cookies and milk.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!! Here's my Sharefest link to my Follow Me post: http://bit.ly/5hre0m

Blog Widget by LinkWithin