Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Warm Buns Part 3


I know, I know... You've been pulling your hair out wondering when I was going to post the reason for my scrupulous and stingy hoarding of the blackberries Pammy and I picked over the summer. I have been saving all those scrumptious, plump, tempting blackberries for a unbelievable Thanksgiving tabletop dessert that will make your dinner spread unmatched.


One of the staples of everyones Thanksgiving dinner is dinner rolls. My Bammieroo first introduced this recipe to my family as a dessert/dinner hybrid, or what I have dubbed as a tabletop dessert: masked as dinner, but as rewarding as dessert.


Blackberry Roses

I've blogged about these warm buns before, actually multiple times. They are that phenomenal. They are the best of both worlds, they are scintillating and comforting, mouthwatering and fulfilling, elaborate and simple. Bammieroo always made these sweet rolls with an orange marmalade filling, always an excellent choice, but blackberries are an exquisite substitution that Gabriel and I have come to love nearly just as much.


As much as I would love to share my Bammieroo's sweet bread recipe with you... I'm still just too selfish!
Begin my preparing your favorite sweet bread dough

Blackberry Filling:
1 cube butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
8oz whole blackberries
Mix together until berries are incorporated, and sugar dissolved

After the dough has risen according to the recipe, roll it out to ¼ inch
Fill with a liberal coating of filling, and roll lengthwise
Taper the ends, and pinch off the seal

Generously grease muffin tins, rose pans, or cookie sheet
Place equal sized rolls in compartments
Allow to rise until plump
**Tip: If using a cookie sheet, allow two inches between rolls on all sides for rising

Bake at F350° 10-22 minutes, depending on pan size, or until just beginning to brown
Immediately remove from pan
Serve warm

14 Sweet Talkers:

Rosa Robichaud said...

Ya know... I thought I'd take a few minutes to write to you.

I've been following your blog for maybe a month or 2, now.

I honestly don't know what I enjoy the most... the actual dishes, the food, the photography or your delightful writing or the recipes! *VBG*

I'm not ambitious enough to try one of your recipes, but I do love to read what you're up to and gawk at the pictures! *VBG*

Tks.. your blogging IS appreciated!

Rosa Robichaud
Saint John, New Brunswick
Canada
P.S. I truly LOVED the way you broke down how to make your own cookies!!! Even printed it out for my co-worker!

Sylwia said...

Kitty, these look out of this world sinful! I love this recipe and will be trying it in the near future.

callmecupcake said...

I finally got caught up reading my blog reader updates and saw your award comment!

Thanks so much! I just posted about it. And thanks for all of the dessert fun you feature! :-)

love lives in the kitchen said...

the only thing i knew about buns (before reading your post) was that they were something very american. now, especially after seeing the pics, i'm dying to test the recipe! they look so delicious!
have a sweet day!
justyna

Pamela said...

I am still partial to the original orange flavor, but the red of the blackberries make these to die for!!

Barbara said...

These are divine and I simple ADORE the name! They really do look like roses- and that blackberry color is beautiful. I bet they're delicious.

Heather said...

i was soo excited thinking you were posting your sweet bread recipe..haha. oooh man! those look DIVINE! seriously DIVINE! how fun! i wish we lived close, we could eat and then workout together! :O) love you!

Valerie said...

So pretty and I'm sure they taste wonderful. I love blackberry.

Bread and Jam said...

Oh, my! I am partial to anything blackberry and these buns look divine!

Penny (PennyFull Thoughts) said...

First, the Blogiversary had me stopping in my tracks and doing a double-take. Then I read Badge of Glory and Warm Buns Part 3.

You got me hook, line and sinker! I am an official "follower" now and I am so going to try these Buns.

I wonder what kind of bribe it would take to get that Secret Recipe. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin