Sisters that Spook is coming to an end... but not before we share one last set of tricks and treats to put all that Halloween candy to good use!
Little Runt Pizza
A few months ago, Pammy posted a family favorite of ours from our formative years: Candy Pizza; I've taken that idea and adapted it to utilize the leftover candy your little runts will be enjoying this season.
Sugar Cookie Pizza CrustThis is the best brown sugar, sugar cookie!
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
Beat with mixer until incorporated
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix until mixture turns a a light tan
2 ¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
Refrigerate for ½ hour to firm
Roll out to ¼" thickness
Cut with round cookie cutter
Bake at F350°, 5-10 minutes
Cool on wire rack
Pizza Sauce and Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cake Frosting, plus ¼ cup to ½ cup additional powdered sugar
Reserve a small amount of frosting to dye orange, to resemble cheese, and spoon into plastic bag for piping with a tiny tiny tip
Dye remainder of frosting red, to resemble tomato pizza sauce, and spread over tops of cookies
Mod podge of your choicest Halloween candy, such as Runts, Smarties, M&M's, Nerds, Skittles...
Press onto tops of cookies over pizza sauce frosting, finish by drizzling cheese frosting over candy
Sisters that Spook has been so fun! I love my sister Pammy and all her fun ideas, and now I know all you do too! Go visit her one more time to get more fun ideas for your excess candy!
Other great resources for Halloween inspiration can be found at Joonbug, from Halloween party and costume ideas to what to do and where to eat; Halloween Network, a conglomeration of for all things Halloween, and Squidoo, a Halloween Fun House Resource!
In addition to sharing with you my favorite Halloween ideas, I've been searching out and bookmarking all the spooktacular Halloween Treats Blog Posts I've come across over the past two weeks and wanted to share some of my favorites with you!
- Sugar Crafter: Candy Corn Kiss Cookies
- Jersey Bites: Halloween Treats Even I Can Make
- Fab Frugal Food: Spider Topped Deviled Eggs
- Baking Bites: Vampire Cookies
- Eggs on Sunday: Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bars
- Confessions of a Foodie Bride: Pumpkin Fudge
And finally!... A celebration wouldn't be a celebration without a giveaway would it? Enter to win a grab bag filled with bits and pieces of all the things you will need to recreate all the Sisters that Spook treats.
- Piping gel for your Witch Hats and Brooms
- Candy sticks for your Caramel Apples
- Jar of Halloween confetti sprinkles for your Pumpkin Cake
- Oversized Pumpkin cookie cutter for your Pirate Doughnuts
- Rubber Spiders for your Goblin Feast
- Pumpkin Hershey Kisses for your Hot Chocolate
+ just to sweeten the pot
- 8 oz. Pumpkin Sweet Log with Cinnamon Caramel (Brand Spanking New!)
- 8 x 10 signed print of Gabriel Olson's: Frankie (My favorite! Can't you just imagine it framed, spooking everyone who walks into your home!)
Contest open to everyone in United States and Canada
Each person can earn up to 5 entries each -
1 entry for leaving a comment
1 entry for tweeting (please leave #handle in comment)
1 entry for entering Pammy's Giveaway
2 entries for becoming a dessert guest (follower)
Please leave all info in just one comment!
Contest ends at 11:59pm, October 13, 2009 (and a new one will begin!!)
Winner chosen at random.org