Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recipe Swap

Obviously, I typically restrict my posts to treats and desserts, but I can't resist sharing some fabulous sweet summer salads I've been enjoying in this incredible soothing and calming warm weather.

Which has led me to create a wonderful new monthly event that I'm really excited about! The first of every month, I am going to share some of my favorite recipes that fit the month or season of the moment, or special recipes that coincide with memories or events from that month.

#1: The Sweet Slaw, by Tasty Crush
This wonderful, easy and refreshing slaw is as simple and slicing and dicing a few ingredients and tossing them together!

#2: Hot Potato Salad, by French Knots
Present this, and prepare to be the star of your next party/picnic/outing/beach activity/you name it!

#3: Arugula, Strawberry, Mozerella and Almond Salad: by Mango & Tomato
This salad is reminiscent of a my strawberry themed bridal shower, and trust me, it's just as wonderful!

#4: Summer Apple Salad, by Kitty (that's me!)

This is my ultimate favorite, toss all these items together and enjoy.

1 ½ apples, cubed
½ cup walnuts, toasted and then tossed in 2 tablespoons honey
½ stalk of celery, chopped
1 chicken breast, grilled and seasoned
1 cup pasta shells, cooked
½ cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard
Now, it is your turn! Share your favorite recipes for the month of June, and be sure to include a link! Every month, I will pick a recipe at random(.org), and highlight it on my blog!

I love to make new recipes, and I love to link to fabulous, talented people; I see fun times in our future!

3..., 2..., 1..., Start submitting!

7 Sweet Talkers:

The Gardner Family said...

Love it.. those look amazing. Salads are some of my favorite things to make. Will have to send you a few good ones!

Pamela said...

All those salads sounds delicious. Thanks for the link to mine...it is fantastic.

Gabriel Olson said...

I'm not a big walnut fan. But this salad was boss. I think it was because you toasted the nuts. kudos on the pics. They are boss as well.

Sophie said...

Wow--a chicken pasta noodle salad! A winner! I'm going to give this one a try :). You've got such a cute blog here :D.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin