Monday, June 8, 2009

On the Grill

I've still got cheesecake on the brain from the April's Daring Bakers Challenge, despite trying to purge my seemingly insatiable need to whip cream cheese with a count of four since March. This time, I experimented with pineapple.

I'm severely dedicated to pineapple; and there is nothing quite so enchanting to me as grilled pineapple.

Cheesecake: Hawaiian
Crust: Coconut Cookie

Crust:
¼ cup crushed Nilla Wafers
¼ cup crushed Rice Krispies
¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
3 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons butter
Press into bottom of 9" springform pan
Bake at F325° for 7 minutes
Sprinkle layer of shredded coconut over crust, and cook for additional 2 minutes

Cheesecake:
24oz. cream cheese
½ granulated sugar
½ brown sugar
Whip together until smooth

Add:
3 egg yolks, one at a time
Juice from 16oz. can of pineapple slices, or approx 2 cups
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Whisk 3 egg whites to soft peaks, fold into batter

Pour over crust and bake at F250° for 65-80 minutes
Let cool in oven, heat off, for one hour
Run knife along edges of pan, before removing

Finalè:
Grill pineapple slices over briquettes and adorn cake


We enjoyed this cheesecake at the park with friends, and it was a sensory delight that mimicked our good feelings of warm friendship, uninhibited conversation and liberating play.

P.S. Don't forget to vote for me at the BlogLuxe Awards, Tastiest Blog!

5 Sweet Talkers:

Heather said...

KIRK WOULD FLIP OVER THIS RECIPE! OOH MY GOSH! IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS DIVINE! OOH I LOVE LOVE LOVE GRILLED PINEAPPLE! mmm good! you are amazing!!! soo sweet!

Anonymous said...

I think I put on 10 pounds just reading about about a couple of cheesecakes. The Pineapple on the Grill sounds so yummy I have to try it.
Everything looks soooo good! Great Job. Brent

Blog Widget by LinkWithin