Friday, June 12, 2009

Housewarming Gifts

A few months back I credited Evan at Butter Cakes for sharing her ingenious idea for making decorative carrots out of Starburst candies. Since then, I have become an avid reader and follower of hers. I was sold on her creativity after the Starburst contribution... but then I saw this:

This incredible assembly is entirely handcrafted by her whimsically artistic fingers! I dare you to tell me your jaw is not on the floor, and that you don't need a spatula to lift it back up. My little nephew turned 4 this week, and what I wouldn't give to have to been there to make this cake for him! Click on the picture to get more details on this fabulous cake!

If that isn't enough, Evan held a contest a few weeks back giving away a 6" Fat Daddios square pan that is 4" deep!
#1: I've always wanted to make a square cake that I didn't have to piece together from my casserole dish!
& #2: Did you read that it's 4" deep! That's an easy 3 layers with one swing!

Needless to say, I was elated when she announced that I was the winner! She even wrote me a personalized email with instructions on how to achieve the best results with this pan.

When it arrived, I couldn't wait to tear into the package. And then... I saw it... It is a beauty!

It's sheer torture having to wait to use it, but... I've decided it's worth deserves to be used as a christening device to break in my new oven, in our new home, to be forever dubbed the housewarming, welcome home, surprise and celebration treat pan!

Thank you Evan! I'm still grinning that big smile seen in the photo above!

Did you catch that? Announcement! Announcement! We are moving! Gabriel accepted a position at Avalanche/Disney Interactive in Salt Lake City, Utah! Only 1 more week in Portland, and then we embark on the one way ticket road trip to Utah! Hence forth, if I ever go a few days without blogging - you'll know where I am... enjoying Caramel Apples on Main St. USA!

Now... tell me, what cake should I bake in my wonderful new pan?!

P.S. Don't forget to vote for me at the BlogLuxe Awards, Tastiest Blog!

4 Sweet Talkers:

Pamela said...

What a fantastic giveaway, and you won!!! Awesome. Oh, I am sure you will come up with yummy thing after yummy dessert to make with those pans. Yay! Your are coming to Utah! I'll eat a carmel apple with you in Disneyland, anytime!!! (wink, wink)

Heather said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! i love you to pieces!!!! you look darling tearing into your box! what a great pan! I can NOT wait to see it in PERSON, when i come to visit you! holla!
caramel apple! mmm good!
love you babes! you are awesome! and WOW on that amazing cake! it is outrageous!

Evan said...

Kitty!!! I'm so glad you love the pan. You are too cute! And thanks for the shout out. Now, since you obviously are NOT swinging by Mobile, AL on the way to your new hizzy, I will tell you how to make my Peanut Buttercup cake: Bake a chocolate cake in your new pan; fill the layers with creamy peter pan peanut butter (or your fave); frost the cake with chocolate buttercream; VIOLA! Enjoy!

Tangled Noodle said...

Congratulations on both your win and your move! By the time you read this, you should be in UT and starting to settle in. There's no better to feel at home than to bake a delicious cake! Can't wait to hear about that and your move.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin