Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dancing in the Kitchen


Some days you just need cookies, not want,... but need, cookies.

Each one so toasty, so affectionate, so courteous as they travel to your tummy and send happy trails of crumbs from your fingertips and throughout every inch of your dancing limbs as they leap from bowl to oven to mouth.

Cookies: Dancing Fairy Oatmeal
My problem with every oatmeal cookie I've had previously is they are often too heavy on the flour, leaving no crispy outer rim nor chewy, buttery inside.


Well, that will not do, so today I started with butter and oatmeal and I figured the rest I would leave up to the cookie fairies.

I love it when the cookie fairies come to visit! Invite them to your kitchen with this scrumptious recipe that will not disappoint!
1 stick butter
½ cup shortening
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
Cream sugars and butter together until shiny

Add 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons peanut butter
2 eggs
Mix until smooth

½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup oatmeal
1 ½ cups flour
2 tablespoons wheat germ
Stir in until all flour is incorporated

Bake at F350°, 8-12 minutes until edges are browned
Cool on wire rack or paper towel
What are your favorite cookies?

3 Sweet Talkers:

Leslie said...

hmmmm I dont think the cookie fairy has ever visited my kitchen! :(
I favorite cookie....chocolate chunk!!!

Heather said...

Oooh goodness! those look divine!

seriously, you would freak! but, my top cookie is (NOT favorite.. how can i possibly choose!?) my pumpkin cookie! it is a cake cookie! i will email you the recipe IMMEDIATELY! you will flip! it is way too easy for you! but, it is soo fast, and wonderful, but tastes like heaven! and, i add cream cheese frosting on top! so, it is EXTRA DIVINE!

love you! man! that looks soo good catherine! LOVE YOU BABES!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin