Monday, May 18, 2009

Back to Basics

There are a few staple cookies one must always have in their cookie repertoire, and in my book Gingersnaps are part of that repertoire.

After making my Gabriel's Favorite Cheesecake with hard crunchy ginger cookies, I found myself craving a batch of soft aromatic scratch made Gingersnaps. They are so easy, so tempting, and so satisfying!

Cookie: Gingersnaps

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup molasses
Cream together, then add 1 egg mixing until fluffy

2 ¼ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt

Roll into 1oz balls and coat in granulated sugar
Bake at 350°F, 7-9 minutes
Cool on wire rack

4 Sweet Talkers:

Pamela said...

I love the big sugar crystals ~ they make it look so yummy!

The Gardner Family said...

Thanks for sharing, they were great, I bet they were amazing with cheesecake, good combo!d

Bev said...

My husband loves gingersnaps. I am going to try these for him.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin