Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tootsie Rolls

I was happily and busily at work in the kitchen, trying to come up with a new concoction for the Art Shoppe, when I accidentally made Tootsie Rolls!

Quite the accident, if I do say so myself. I love Tootsie Rolls! They are chewy and chocolate and they were named after a cute little girl, Tootsie, by her loving father. Like many wonderful things, they came out of New York City and are over 100 years old! Not to mention they are still a best selling candy!

Surely this isn't the "Tootsie Roll Industries" recipe, but it bears an uncanny resemblance:

Complete Step 1 of candy fondant recipe
Begin Step 2, but when it comes to adding flavor simply add a combination of 1/2 Chocolate Sweet Sauce, and melted chocolate
Thoroughly knead together
Shape and allow to air dry for several hours

4 Sweet Talkers:

Pamela said...

What a happy surprise! Those sound like my kinda tootsie rolls. I like the thicker tootsies as opposed to the small ones. Yummy!

Heather said...

GOOD GRIEF GIRL! you are like some kinda genius or something!? hahah do you love how i added "like" in there!? ha!

anyways, ooh catherine! you are soo dang smart! love this! how talented.. NOW if only i could get a hold of some chocolate sauce!?
yes i would LOVE TO buy some anyday!
love you!!!

Breanne said...

I can hardly wait for the art shoppe. So I can taste those babies. Yum!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin