Monday, March 9, 2009

Best of Both Worlds

It's not enough to just know how to make a strikingly enticing and indulgent dessert... you have to be able to write about it on a blog that you designed in tandem with a website, preferably to supplement your blog.

But all that effort is for nothing, if you can't take an equally superb photo.

That's the part I need a lot of work on, emphasis on a lot.

Cookies: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip (and not the other way around)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
Mix until thoroughly incorporated and a consistent texture

Add:
1 egg
Mix well, until batter changes to a lighter color


Finish:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Stir together just until flour is mixed
Traditionally these peanut butter cookies are rolled into a ball, dipped in sugar and flattened criss-cross with a fork. Alternately, you can opt out of flattening the cookie and upon removing it from the oven adorning each cookie with a Hershey kiss. Today though, I felt like simply throwing in a handful of milk chocolate chips, and a handful of dark chocolate chips.
Bake at 375°F, 7-9 minutes, or just until edges are browned

9 Sweet Talkers:

Heather said...

OH MAN! those look awesome! SO, i thought the first picture was of the final product! i was tilting my head thinking... hmmm those are interesting cookies.... then i realized. NO heather. that is the butter! i thought it was like a FUDGE looking cookie!
BUT< man! those look heavenly! goodness! you are awesome darling girl!

Breanne said...

Can I just say I wish I lived next door to you. I would love to be a reciepient and/or guinny pig for any of your tantalizing confections!

Pamela said...

Haven't made those cookies in a long time...thanks for the reminder

oneordinaryday said...

I collect old metal lunchboxes so I really like your presentation!
Michelle
http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/

Seth said...

those looked amazing!. we finaly finished of those sweets we bought from you in lehi (the were great) and my moms been trying some of your recipies and i loved them. If she can make them taste great I cant wait to see how they taste hen you cook them

mpaigew said...

Mmmmm, they look yummmmmy! I tend to take junky photos; I often edit mine on Picnik.com. BTW, I love your new site, especially your little apron!

lisamichele said...

HOLY MOLY, those look amazing! Peanut Butter chocolate chip cookies are my SO's favorite cookie and he's been buging me to make them for him lately! I'm going to try your recipe!

BTW, although I answered you on my blog, I'll answer here also regarding adding the molasses to the Levain Copycat. Since brown sugar is white sugar and molasses, and dark brown sugar contains even more molasses, adding pure molasses would probably be too much, since it's such a strong flavor :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin