Thursday, December 11, 2008

Compulsory Addictions

We have been known to throw a couple of pretty sensational parties in our day - all with the same theme: J.J. Abrams.

Lost is easily and profoundly, not only the most intelligent television show to air to date, but it is disturbingly entertaining. I possess a compulsory addiction to Lost. I have expelled my theories regarding the island, the wheel, the foot statue, the plane crash, intermediary relations, the conspiracies, philosophical connections, Dharma, and/plus the stations, etc. upon... well if you know me, you.

Every Christmas, Gabriel and I write an adorable little diddy for Christmas entitled: "The Go Ahead." It's our version of a family newsletter. A year back, we wrote a story about my missing gray sweat pants... where did we find them? On Sawyer, in episode 26 "Man of Science, Man of Faith".

And, one such party is anticipating an arrival date of January 21, 2009. We are all prepared to take work off January 22, because yes, it is going to be that epic.

Well, J.J. Abrams has done alright so far with Fringe. Yet, that's all I'm willing to give him until he starts expanding the underlying storyline. However, every week we host a little Fringe party. Recently I graced the attending geeks with pumpkin cake, honoring the season, the occasion, and J.J. Abram's genius.

Cake: Pumpkin
Topping: Cream Cheese Frosting

4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup canola/vegetable oil
Beat until creamy

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix until just incorporated

Stir in 16 oz. pumpkin

You can make these in bars, cake rounds, or cupcakes - I don't play by the rules, so neither should you.
Bake at 350°
Top with frosting

(camera phone picture)

4 Sweet Talkers:

Naomi said...

Although I may disagree with the ranking of Lost in television show history I cannot disagree that those look and sound crazy delicious. Good luck January 21st. I hope all of your questions will be answered then. year. Or... maybe next year. They will be answered right? ;)

Fahrenheit 350° said...

They probably won't be answered, but I'm okay with that because then I can believe my own theories and don't have to trifle with what the stupid producers think should happen.

Gabriel Olson said...

The lost party will be a highly anticipated event! (at least for me). I think all the Fringe geeks have been disappointed at the lack of backed treats at the last couple get togethers.

Heather said...

oH my freaking crazy that looks and SOUNDS DIVINE! my favorite thing in the world is PUMPKIN, i have been DREAMING about a nice pumpkin cake! OH catherine! you are heaven sent!
and, OOH lost is the best, yet the worst thing ever... i swear it drives me bonkers. It starts soo soon, BUT, are they only going to have it last for a month again!? what was that about last year, honestly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin